I finished my purse! Or clutch. Or whatever. It’s finished, and in time to use at the wedding this weekend!
I have these great surface-lying zippers that I decided to use, but I could do the attachment better. At first I even used the wrong color thread to sew it on, but I couldn’t take the contrasting blues, so I found the perfect matching blue at the local haberdashery and ripped the first seams. I should still sew down the edges though so they lie as flat when closed as they do when open.
I made the bottom square, and the opening flat, giving it this interesting slope even though it’s a rectangular piece of fabric. There’s only a seam at the handle and the bottom, none on the other side.
I even had a suitable fabric with japanese print dragonflies. I made a tiny pocket on the inside. At first it was meant for my keys, mainly to separate them from my phone and prevent scratching, but I imagine I’ll use it for my travel pill box instead.