So the quilt block swap (9) on craftster that finished this spring has finally been dealt with! The blocks, that is. I was hoping to do two single group swaps for the same pattern to get a bigger quilt, but life sort of got in the way.

To summarize, I sent the pattern to my craftster swap partners and got three squares back from four different people. These were then selected among to put together into this quilt, which I then bordered, bought backing for, and sent off to Bussler Bussler for quilting.

On Bussler’s recommendation, I also did this double binding thing, which worked out beatifully, even if it’s extra much work – it’s so worth it! But don’t do like me and just decide “this must be right” when you’re far too tired – I botched the finishing join, but you can’t see it on the finished product.

Finished size is 220x130cm.

2016-10-24-10-05-36

2016-10-24-10-05-43

2016-10-23-21-01-02

2016-10-23-21-00-28

2016-10-23-16-14-00

2016-10-23-14-57-05

2016-10-23-15-34-19

Advertisements